PDA

View Full Version : Pump Time

rydablrv
05-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi, I am new to forums and pools. Acquired an existing home with IG Fox lined 16,449 gal salt water pool. Other than de-winterize and start up, not much help from the vendor. Was told to run 24/7 after adding 520 lbs of salt. Now that I've cleaned the pool and ran the pump 24/7 about 5 days and about 8 hrs per day 5 more, I need help on recommended normal pump time.

I understand that volume should circulated once every 24 hrs. Is that correct?

I have a quick guide for Fox pools but no guidance there. Also have on-line manual for the Digital Auto-Pilot and the Partain Whisper Flo WF-24 1hp pump but still no clue as to the run time needed.

No prior pool operation experience and I'd be so grateful for help.

mas985
05-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Even on the worst plumbing, the WF-24 should provide at least 60 GPM so each turnover will take at most 4.5 hours. Most pools will need somewhere between 1-2 turnovers per day depending on how often they are used and how dirty they get. You could start at 8 hrs per day and gradually reduce that and see how things go.

rydablrv
05-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Oh thank you. So good to hear from you and to have found the forum.

aylad
05-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, and to pool ownership!! mas985 has already answered your question, I just wanted to add the comment that when figuring run time, you need to turn over your water volume at least once daily, AND you need to maintain at least 3 ppm chlorine to keep it clear.

Janet