PDA

View Full Version : Test results

chili
04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I dont have the PS234 yet and the kit I bought does not test CYA so following the advice from another thread I started I went to the pool store to have my water checked here are the results

FC .5
CC 0
TC 0 ?
pH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 0
CH 50
TDS 300 ??

They said the calcium Hardness was way too low and that I should add conditioner, then shock, then hardness stuff, does this sound right ?

TIA

Kevin

Watermom
04-30-2006, 05:43 PM
If you haven't already added any cya (also known as conditioner or stabilizer) and you aren't using pucks, then you will need some cya. You also need to add some bleach to get your FC up to about 6. Can't comment on whether or not you need to add calcium without knowing what type of pool this is. If it is a vinyl pool, then, no, you do not need to add the calcium.

chili
04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry
It is a 22000 gal ig vinyl liner pool, The store said something about calcium building up in the pump and heater ?? This is not the store I bought it from but the store rthat tested the water

Thanks

Kevin

aylad
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
In a vinyl pool, you do not need a calcium hardness higher than 50--that's only for plaster/concrete pools to keep the water from leaching the calcium out of the concrete decking. With a liner pool, there's no water-to-concrete contact! You do need to add the conditioner like Watermom said, and you can use bleach to shock it with.

Janet

chili
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
OK thanks for the info I will post the #s again after I get some stabilizer in the pool.

Tcap
05-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi,

In one of your posts, you mentioned a heater. Do you have a heater? If so, my understanding is you do need calcium. I posted that question a few weeks back and the response I got was that just that - although it's not the liner that needs the calcium, your heater does.

Tracy

chili
05-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi,
Yes I do have a heater, the electric heat pump type. Does any one know what level I should keep the CH at??

Thanks
Kevin

waterbear
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
with your TA at 90 you probably should be around 300 to 350 ppm. this is just a rough estimate off the top of my head but it is in the ballpark.

chili
05-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Ok I can see Im going to be on this forum alot BTW thank you all for the info, I added some CYA to the pool today thru the skimmer but some of the crystals got out into the pool. Now I can see it laying in the crease at the bottom of the pool. Is this going to damage the vinyl liner? Should i vaccum it up or is it okay to let it dissolve where it is ??
Thanks

Kevin

Watermom
05-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and vacuum it up so it can dissolve in the filter.

chili
05-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi,
I got my new results, they are

FC 3.6
CC 0
TC 0 ?
pH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 30
CH 150

I have a few questions,
How do these numbers look ?

How often should I test all of these items?

When I test for TA My test kit says to add the drops until the water turns red and at 8 drops the water turns from green to clear with a pink tint and then a little darker pink with each drop - How do I know what they mean by red?

Thanks

Kevin