PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Springs MS-11 Display???

rayzor
05-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm jus curious what the different numbers on the display mean in order. I've tried to find this info but comin up short. I know 1 is the salt count... Oh, and thanks to the net and this forum with success I'm using regular pool salt, baking soda and things you can get from the hardware or grocery to maintain my pool. Only cost me $80 this year at start up instead of $600+. So far it's been way easier to maintain than with renewal or beginnings. WOW, Bio***** has been ripping me off the past few years.

waste
05-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the forum!

By button push (the little black diagnostic button next to the display):
1) water temp
2) volts
3) amps
4) % output/ energized
5) instant salinity - how much salt the unit thinks is in the water
6) product ID - I assume yours is "MS - 11"
7) chip revision code
8) (if applicable) - cell model

You have a Goldline Aqua-Rite unit, rebranded for Mineral Springs. I know these units well and will help answer any other questions you have with it :cool:

rayzor
05-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks Ted... Didn't know if it may tell Ph and things like that. I did buy a Goldline digital salt tester and test strips. I also use a test kit to check ph, alk, hardness and chlorine. I had to replace the cell so I did so with an Aqua Rite turbo cell glx 15W. I was told they made all the products for Mineral Springs and it works great. Yea, and for half the price. One more thing. Is it possible to change the display from standard to metric? My friend was messin with it while I was at work and the numbers make no sense anymore. My mineral count was 3000 and now it says 2.8. Didn't know if it was reading by grams per liter or something. Thanks again Ted

waste
05-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Not a problem :cool:

You're unit won't tell you the pH.

To change between ppm and gpl all you have to do is hit the diagnostic button once (which shows you temp) and then push the switch from "AUTO" to "SUPERCHLORINATE" and back down to "AUTO" - who says there are no easy answers? :D

As a side note, while it's nice to know the 'real' salinity of the water, the unit will only produce chlorine if it 'thinks' the salinity is within the correct range, so save the strips and the tester for when the unit is 'balking' and you know that there's enough salt in the pool ;)