PDA

View Full Version : Hayward H100ID troubles

rusty richard
05-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I bought an older H100ID 100K BTU pool heater with issues. Current issue is that is blows the 20A GFCI when it turns on. Facts/things I have done: bypassed water psi sw (tested bad), tested low and hi temp sw(good), tested air psi sw(good), tested/bypassed interlock and thermostat, removed control board and soldered input pins that had cracked joints, removed/cleaned ignitor, checked voltage at gas valve(120vac). Plan on running power from a non-GFCI breaker to test breaker (1.5hp pool pump and aquatrol generator are on same circuit) but I am this side of positive it will do no good. Any help is appreciated, thanks

rusty

rusty richard
05-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Anyone that might be interested I do believe I have solved my problem. The ignitor wire (8mm sparkplug wire) has a break in it somewhere which was allowing the higher voltage to the ignitor but was not allowing the low voltage back to the contol panel to keep the gas valve open. This break was also somehow tripping the GFCI circuit breaker. I replaced the wire with a "temp" wire and all is well. I hope this post helps someone down the road, thanks.

rusty

Poconos
05-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Rusty, Thanks for the followup. You probably didn't get any responses because anyone familiar with this heater hasn't been on the forum. Glad you solved it though. And BTW: Welcome to the forum.
Al