PDA

View Full Version : suggestions re: heat pump?

farmgirl
04-30-2006, 01:39 PM
OK...have decided we need more pool heat. Will be getting a couple more solar panels as well as a heater. I decided a heat pump is the way to go. I need suggestions/experience on different brands and sizes,etc. Anyone have any experiences with particular brands...good or bad? I am Thinking the Hayward HeatPro looks good. we have 24 ft round above ground, northeastern north carolina. 4 2 by 20 solar panels hooked up and running.....pool still too cold on cloudy days. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

farmgirl
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
No one has any ideas or opinions at all????:eek:

MarkC
05-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I have a Heat Siphon 3.25SX heat pump with a scroll compressor and titanium heat exchanger. It's going on 5 years and I have not had to do a thing to it. I think you can use a smaller one.

farmgirl
05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
Thank you Mark! I am so glad someone answered. I thought for a while my post was "invisible" or something. :p I appreciate your advice.

waterbear
05-01-2006, 03:31 PM
I did a lot of research on heat pumps when I was having my pool built and I decided on the Aquacal line. I went with the mid sized Heatwave Icebreaker (reverse cycle mode) for my pool and so far it has worked like a charm. They have an extensive line of heat pumps at various price points and have an excellent warrenty. The heat pump (and pool) have been operational since last November and have kep me swiiming and/or in my spa all winter in N. FL.:)
Scroll compresser and Titanium exchanger also in the Heatwave models.