PDA

View Full Version : Pool Pilot Questions

Poolsean
05-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Hello All,

Sorry for my hiatus from PF. Please allow me to neglict replying to older posts, older than 2010, since I would hope that you have received some assistance and resolved those problems by now. I will be on and checking Pool Forum more frequently, now that I know it's back up and active again.

If you're still having Pool Pilot problems or question, please refresh them and I will get you an answer.

Regards,

jeffvrba
05-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Hello All,

Sorry for my hiatus from PF. Please allow me to neglict replying to older posts, older than 2010, since I would hope that you have received some assistance and resolved those problems by now. I will be on and checking Pool Forum more frequently, now that I know it's back up and active again.

If you're still having Pool Pilot problems or question, please refresh them and I will get you an answer.

Regards,

I am getting ready to install my pool pilot dig 36 and the instructions tell me that I should place the unit as the last connection in the pool water line. My water flow goes from the filter, through the spa and then spills into the pool. I am planning on locating the unit near the pump before the spa because the lines going to the spa are not accessible, is this ok?

Poolsean
05-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Jeff, is there not a diverter valve that lets you adjust the flow between the pool and the spa? The Pool Pilot manifold should be installed after this valve and on the pool side.
Should you install it on the spa side, or before this valve, you need to make sure that you manually reduce the output %, to avoid any damaged that may result from too high a chlorine level.

If you can send me a photo, it may make it easier for me to assist. If it's not convenient to send or attach it through Pool Forum, send it to my e-mail,
sean@teamhorner.com

pratzert
05-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Sean.

I asked a LONG time back about the PoolPilot system for my ABove Ground Pool and cannot find your responses.

So... I'll beg your forgiveness fo me asking again.

MY AGP is 17,000 Gallons. I want a larger units that can do the trick for my pool and would consider the largest system you offer. I want the total package so I don't have to do much of anything other than monitor the system once in a while and add salt.

What do you recommend and also what type of electrical (amps) do I need to supply to the system ?

I see there is the "Digital" and the "Total Control".

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Tim

Poolsean
05-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Hey Tim,

I recommend going with the largest size cell you can afford. Why? Because it gives you the potential to generate a higher level of chlorine in a shorter period of time, so you can run your pump however many hours you want to. The Pool Pilot should keep up. Also, your cell will last longer, due to being able to run at a lower output setting.

Also, if you want something that offers a bit of automation, the Total Control system will provide that. Hayward also makes a similar system called the sense and dispense.
This incorporates an ORP (the amount of active oxidizer) and pH sensor to control both levels. There is an acid tank and pump used to control the pH.
Not all pools require the pH adjustment as there are some pools where the pH holds steady, with very little acid demand.
Usually these are fiberglass and vinyl liner pools...soo you may want to consider this before adding the expense of the acid tank. If so, there is a specific DIGITAL controller part number that allows to you to upgrde to the acid tank system, if desired. The Digital Total Control Part Number is #75003. This can be used as a purifier only or upgraded to the Total Control. Cost is about the same.

Although you can use a smaller cell, typically rated to 20,000 gallons, you'll usually need to run at a higher setting to maintain proper chlorine levels.

For the Total Control, you will need the following:
75001, Pool Chemistry Controller (this is the box with the ORP and pH sensors)
75003, Digital Control unit
75005, 15 gallon acid tank with chemical feed pump, 220 volts.
94113, Manifold assembly with SC-60 (RC52 is our new part number) cell and trisensor.

Thanks for considering AutoPilot.

pratzert
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Sean.

Thanks very much for the info.

How about electrical requirements ?

Will a 20AMP line be good ?

Tim

Poolsean
05-31-2010, 03:59 PM
The Digital unit alone, uses 220 volts @ 1.5 amps. For the Total Control, the acid pump draws around 0.5 amps.
Remember though, that the Pool Pilot should be tied into the same relay, switch, or breaker that the pump is wired to. So, consider what your pump amperage is, then add about 2.5 amps for the Pool Pilot portion.

pratzert
05-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Are they available in 120 volt too ?

My Pump is currently a 120 volt/ 20 amp.

Poolsean
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Yes. Part number are the same, except for the acid pump/tank. Use #75004.
Amperage draw will be 4 amps, basically double the 220 volt amp draw.
You can also run the pump through the DIG too. There's a built in relay and time clock function to allow you to control the pump through the DIG panel.
If you choose this option, you'll also need to get #75008, acid pump/aux relay kit.

pratzert
06-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Sean,

Thanks again for the quick response.

I appreciate your help.

Regards, Tim

jeffvrba
06-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Jeff, is there not a diverter valve that lets you adjust the flow between the pool and the spa? The Pool Pilot manifold should be installed after this valve and on the pool side.
Should you install it on the spa side, or before this valve, you need to make sure that you manually reduce the output %, to avoid any damaged that may result from too high a chlorine level.

If you can send me a photo, it may make it easier for me to assist. If it's not convenient to send or attach it through Pool Forum, send it to my e-mail,
sean@teamhorner.com

Sean,
Thanks for your help, I have my Digital set up and running and everything is working fine. One more question, right now the external timer is running everything, but I would like to use the PPD to turn the pump on and off and power the heater . Do I need the optional pump relay to do this?

Jeff