PDA

View Full Version : pool pilot ddg220

sixtz4me
05-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Have an autopilot dig 220. I am not making chlorine and have no error codes. Pool store shows my salt level at 3100ppm. The auto pilot shows 6700 in the readout. If I calibrate it to 3000ppm it goes right back to 6700ppm. I put in 2gals of chlorine and it lasts about a week, then the chlorine goes to "0". I've owned my Poolpilot for 5 years and have had no problem till now.(did replace the cell due to my neglegence) I am ready to bite the bullett and replace the unit. Please HELP!

Poolsean
05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Usually when the salt calibration goes back up, you have a loose wire harness or a bad display board. When you remove the top cover, there should be a connector that snaps into the bottom of the display circuit board. Remove and inspect the wires. Use a thin blade screwdriver if needed to press the wires securely into it's position.

sixtz4me
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Poolsean,

thank you very much for the reply. Ok, I took the cover off and, no loose wires. What I found was.....

1) the Cell cord wires (red/blk) at the banana clips were twisted at the insulating boot and had grounded....I separated the wires and taped but that did nothing.

2) the board at the bottom has 6 resistors... R25 R19 R27 R23 R22 R20...

R25 and R19 had some corrosion where soldered.

Do you think it could be a bad Cell cord? or the board?

as I previously said, there are no codes, just can't make chlor. or adjust the salt level, everything else seems to be functioning properly.

again thank you so much for the reply and info.

Poolsean
05-19-2010, 01:55 AM
What does the system show for the TEST POOL PILOT mode?

I think it has to do with the display circuit board...and it's possible that there's damage to the power module as well, as you've indicated with the corrosion on the resistors. However, that should not affect the unit being able to adjust the output level or being able to adjust calibration.

Where are you located?

sixtz4me
05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Poolsean,
thanks again for the reply...[ What does the system show for the TEST POOL PILOT mode?]

It goes through the whole gambit,cell#,salt ppm,power level, etc.

I live in central florida...Orlando area,

My pool store said they would loan me a cell cable to try. So that's my next step.

thanks again

sixtz4me
05-22-2010, 10:58 AM
thanks poolsean for all your help...I changed the cell cable and it is now making chlorine. I still can't adjust the salt, so I think i will replace the display board. Found a new one on craigslist for 100.00.