PDA

View Full Version : Big problem

chili
04-30-2006, 09:34 AM
I dont know if anyone can help or if this is even the place to ask, I went to the pool store and bought some liquid shock and put it in the back of my wifes suv for the ride home (you can guess where this is going). On the ride home I thought I heard gurgling and by the time we could stop there was an entire gallon of 12.5% liquid shock all over the floor. When I got home I ran a hose all over the floor and tried to rinse it out. My question is.. is there any thing I can do to neutralize not only the smell but also whatever damage is being done to the metal under the carpeting?
What a moron, First lesson in pool chemicals I guess

TIA
Kevin

waterbear
04-30-2006, 01:05 PM
You can neutralize the chlorine with sodium thiosulfate (plain photograher's hypo) from a camera store that sell darkroom chemicals. Don't get Acid Fixer, you want plain Hypo. Dissolve it in warm water. You can also get chlorine neutalizer at some pool stores but it is an expensive way to buy a sodium thiosufate solution. If the chlorine's been sitting for a while it might not do much good as far as damage and bleaching but it should help with the smell. Rinse and blot and rinse and blot thoroughly afterward to remove as much of the Hypo as you can. A wet vac can help get the water out.