PDA

View Full Version : Replace filter air relieve valve screen?

polyvue
05-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Temporarily suppressing my usual catatonic state, yesterday I began to disassemble my Hayward C4025 cartridge filter for its annual cleaning. I noticed debris caught in the fine mesh screen at the top of the air relief tube had punctured the enclosure. Part of the screen is missing and the remainder just fell into my hand. I've ordered a replacement tube & screen but it will take a few days to arrive (won't pay $40 overnight for a $7 part!) and I would like to reassemble the filter and starting pumping.

Can I run the pump/filter without the screen in place? If this is inadvisable, is there a jury-rig solution that will work well enough until the Little Screen That Could comes in? Thank you.

Part reference: #11 D CX4000Z3 (http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_filters_hayward_swimclear.htm)

mas985
05-13-2010, 02:38 PM
I have run mine without the screen but it can get clogged much easier. Just make sure you manuallly bleed off the air after priming.

polyvue
05-14-2010, 04:49 AM
I have run mine without the screen but it can get clogged much easier. Just make sure you manuallly bleed off the air after priming.
Will do. Thanks, Mark.