PDA

View Full Version : Above Ground Pool Construction Photos

gwrace1
04-29-2006, 09:14 PM
For those considering the purchase of an above ground pool I thought I would submit a photo album of our 33' Round Pool construction. We contracted out for the ground leveling, pool frame and liner install. The rest of the construction was completed by my wife and me. That included the pump house construction, electrical, plumbing, fencing, deck and landscaping. It took me a month of working a few hours after work every night to finish the project. Now were just waiting on the new lawn seed to come in.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548241672nKeuyR

Water temps are in the 80's and it's been nice to finely enjoy the fruits of our labor..:)

matt4x4
05-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Nice!!
you dod a great job on the pool install!!!

fullhouse
05-01-2006, 04:29 PM
i like the way you did the rocks around your pool. It looks very nice.

larry2338
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I guess I always assumed an AG installation was a quick and easy job. Your photos leave me surprised and impressed with the quality of construction and the amount of work that goes into doing it right. Nice job!

gwrace1
05-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks all for the nice comments. It is a LOT of work to do it right but now that it's finished were really starting to enjoy it. It's not near as much work to maintain as I originally thought. The water has been crystal clear since startup and I want to keep it that way.

This forum was a critical piece to making this job such a success. I'd like to thank Ben and all of the contributors for their comments and feedback.

David

sisie5
05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
love your pool,I notice the pool cleaner,what kind do you have?and does it do a good job.any proplems with the cleaner

thanks

gwrace1
05-04-2006, 01:27 PM
love your pool,I notice the pool cleaner,what kind do you have?and does it do a good job.any proplems with the cleaner

thanks

The pool cleaner is an Aquabot Pool Rover. It does a great job of picking up leaves, twigs and other debris on the floor of the pool. It uses a 2 micron filter bag so does a nice job of filtering the water while it's running. The rover shuts off automatically after two hours which is usually plenty of time to get a complete cleaning job.

The only thing negative about it is the blue electrical cable that attaches to it. I have to untwist and unravel it after every use.

ellenicol
06-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Hello,

Very nice looking pool. I was just wondering where you got your decking and fencing? We are putting in a new pool in a few weeks and want to do a deck but want to compare metal to wood first. Thanks.

gwrace1
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Hello,

Very nice looking pool. I was just wondering where you got your decking and fencing? We are putting in a new pool in a few weeks and want to do a deck but want to compare metal to wood first. Thanks.

The deck and fencing kit was made by the pool manufacturer (Artesian). It is made out of aluminum. I wanted to keep maintenance and construction time down to a minimum so elected to purchase the matching kit. It also meets all safety codes. I've since added a misting fan and side post umbrella to the deck as well as solar lights that change color in place of the plastic fence post caps that you see in the pictures. I need to update my photos.

We purchased all of our supplies online from the http://www.poolplaceonline.com.

Deck and fence kit can be seen here:

http://www.swimartesian.com

kdd3
06-20-2006, 06:18 PM
That looks nice! I really like your rocks around the pool. Did you put anything under the rocks to keep out the grass?

gwrace1
06-22-2006, 12:15 PM
That looks nice! I really like your rocks around the pool. Did you put anything under the rocks to keep out the grass?

Yes we laid down a weed block fabric purchased from Home Depot to keep the weeds and grass at bay. So far it has worked.

It took about 10 cubic yards of 5/8 washed river gravel to complete the fill around the pool and under the deck. It's about 5 inches deep in some areas. It helps to keep the mud and dirt out of the pool.

PoolDoc
06-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Old thread, resurrected by error . . . locking it down!