PDA

View Full Version : Electrical schematics for SWG ???

mrmrk49
04-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know where I can get schematics for my SWG system ?

Does anyone except manufacturer ever repair these things???

I have a "Pure&Clear" SWG system from Clear-Tech Automation, who are out of business; Polaris bought out some portion back in 2004, but doesn't support my obsolete model.

The problem is the pump sensor logic is stuck on, so the controller thinks the pump is always on- even with sensor disconnected.

With sensor connected and pump on, I measure 100mV AC, with pump off, just a few mV (noise?), so I'm pretty sure that the sensor itself is OK.

btw, measuring DC voltages on the control board show 5.4 volts, floating versus the power board. I suspect this is high

Thanks for any help

Also - the Polaris "AutoClear" system looks to be nearly identical - a schematic from it may work

Thnx
Mike K

mrmrk49
05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Does anyone else repair these SWD systems ?? Schematics ??

SoCalBoo
05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Install schematics or wiring/electrical schematics? For the former, hit the manufacturer website and you'll find it.

Also, there is someone on the forum who works for Autopilot (or is it pool pilot...). I think the last name is Assam. If you look at other posts and find out who he is, maybe he knows a rep/repairman for the SWG you are talking about. Just an idea.

Poolsean
05-19-2006, 11:58 PM
It feels so strange saying this but....

Thanks Boo.

I've offered in another post, the assistance of the best tech/trainer from Cleartech Automation. I hired him about a year ago. I'll forward your question to him, but I don't think you'll be able to get any schematics on a swc system from any manufacturer. These are propriatary information.
He should be able to tell me if this situation is a repairable condition, operational error, or some other solution. Naturally he will say, get a Pool Pilot, but I'll keep the sales pitch out of my response... :D

mrmrk49
05-20-2006, 01:28 AM
It feels so strange saying this but....

Thanks Boo.

I've offered in another post, the assistance of the best tech/trainer from Cleartech Automation. I hired him about a year ago. I'll forward your question to him, but I don't think you'll be able to get any schematics on a swc system from any manufacturer. These are propriatary information.
He should be able to tell me if this situation is a repairable condition, operational error, or some other solution. Naturally he will say, get a Pool Pilot, but I'll keep the sales pitch out of my response... :D

If the manufacturers never give out schematics, then I have to assume that they are the only ones who can repair the electronics!?!?

But then what happens when the manufacturer goes out of business, or is bought out like Clear-Tech?? Polaris says they don't support the Pure&Clear model that was part of Clear-Tech when Polaris bought them. I even saw an article (2004) saying Polaris was planning on making a Pure&Clear model in 2005. But Polaris doesn't even have schematics (or won't give them out anyway)

Also, I don't know why they would consider it propriatory info: most of the circuitry I've seen is pretty simple minded, the ONLY complex parts would be in the programmed logic chips they use. The power supply circuitry is not very complex , and the one from Pure&Clear wasn't very well designed either. You could probably get a better circuit design from the IC manufacturers (like National Semi, TI, Maxim, Linear Tech, etc).

What is AutoPilot's policy on non-warranty repair of the electronics for SWG systems??

thnx
Mike K

Poolsean
05-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Manufacturers are required to maintain parts for, I believe 5 years, after they discontinue a model. AutoPilot is able to repair circuit boards, or provide circuit boards going back 7 years.
While the circuitry is basic, there is more than what it appears.

mrmrk49
05-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Manufacturers are required to maintain parts for, I believe 5 years, after they discontinue a model. AutoPilot is able to repair circuit boards, or provide circuit boards going back 7 years.
While the circuitry is basic, there is more than what it appears.

I don't think Polaris follows that rule:mad:

Mike K