PDA

View Full Version : Pool Size

tropic
04-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Has anyone built a large pool and freaked out after the guinite? My pool looks too big in my backyard but I was wondering does it appear more normal once the water gets in and the diving board is installed? I'm waking up at night wondering what the heck did I do??? Anyone experienced the same?
Tropic

AnnaK
04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
I can relate to the "what did I do?!" feeling. Our above-ground pool sits on a hill up behind the house. Before the deck was built it was pretty ugly: The Hulk, you know? I did wonder what possessed me to want to locate it there but, because of the layout of our property, there simply was no flat area large enough to put it in the backyard.

Having a still-empty pool in your yard probably does look a little odd. Wait until you have it filled and landscaped. And just think: no more mowing! Five minutes a day with BBB and you're good to go.

Anna

Watermom
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I've never heard anyone say, "I wish I had a smaller pool." It's always, "I wish my pool was bigger." Once it is filled, you're probably gonna love it!

tropic
04-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Watermom,
U made me feel mo better!
tropic

CarlD
04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Watermom is 1000% correct. Plus, and I'll bet you didn't think of this: LESS LAWN TO MOW!

donfranko
04-30-2010, 05:18 PM
We went big. Straight "L" 45X32X20. Heating it is the biggest problem - it takes a long time. It never looks crowded even when the kids have abunch of friends over. I think a larger pool is easier to maintain chemical balance, just my opinion.

CarlD
05-01-2010, 12:12 AM
We went big. Straight "L" 45X32X20. Heating it is the biggest problem - it takes a long time. It never looks crowded even when the kids have abunch of friends over. I think a larger pool is easier to maintain chemical balance, just my opinion.

Go solar! With enough panels to heat your pool quickly you'll have even LESS lawn to mow! (and it's free heat!)