PDA

View Full Version : Robo-Kleen by Dolphin. Does it break?

Aranon
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
I just purchased a Dolphin Robo-Kleen and waiting for it to arrive. But since I ordered it I noticed on E-opinions that 3 or 4 people say they broke right after they got them. Now I am wondering if I wasted my money.

Does anyone have any history on them. I understand the work beautifully when the actually work. Now I'm scared. Did I waste my money? Please someone calm my fears. Now I wonder If I should have spent more and got the pool rover. But I thought Dolphin was a good brand. Help.

Aranon :eek:

IMherDad
04-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Yep we had one... no make that two of them. Got home with the first one and loved it. It picked up everything and I do mean everything! But after a few days it just quit rolling. I mean we took real good care of this thing. Cleaning it, washing it out.. making sure the bag was very clean.

So we take that one back to the dealer and get another one. It starts all great and does a wonderful job. BUT after about two weeks it quits working as well. At that point I am on the phone with customer support and got no real help there. Took it back to the dealer and you could just see the tech guys rolling their eyes. Come to find out they got 30 RoboKleens in stock. Within a month they had over 20 returns! That told me enough right there.

We held off for the rest of the fall and just now ordered a Aquabot Pool Rover for just a few dollars more. It seems to have a really good name behind it. We hope this is the one that works for us!!!

barry

Aranon
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM
So I guess I need to see about exchanging mine when it comes in I guess. Anyone else have the same problem?

Aranon

IMherDad
04-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Who knows? You may have great luck with that unit? I'd try it and see if you like it. Just make sure you know the return policy before you use it.

If you want to know where I got the lowest price on the Aquabot Pool Rover just let me know. They also increased the warranty to two years at no cost plus they are willing to match prices.

Mr. Incredible
04-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Let me know where please.

IMherDad
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I sent you a message telling you where

Aranon
05-01-2006, 01:42 AM
ImherDad
I would like to know where you got yours. Please tell me too. The lowest I have found the Pool Rover is $ 309 at this place:

http://www.aquaqualitypools.com/automatic_pool_cleaners.htm#Pool%20Rover

Where did you get yours. I think I might return my RoboKleen before I open it.
Thanks. Waiting to hear for you,
Aranon

IMherDad
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
That $309 is a great price. I went to www.waterworksmarketing.com/aquabot/pool-rover.htm.

He will match prices and PLUS you can get a two year warranty from him. I think the lowest I could find when I ordered was $349. That included everything. Shipping, taxes, insurance.

Aranon
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Is there anyone out there that has had a Robo Kleen that is still working or at least work a season or two. I only hear bad things. Does this mean there are not any good things, or am I only hearing from people who had problems.

I would like to know if anyone has one and are they satisfied?

Thanks.
Aranon

heusiknb
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I bought a Robo-kleen last year and after two uses, it also stopped working. My husband found that the fuse had blown and simply needed to be replaced, however, shortly after changing the fuse, the unit blew the new fuse. We ended up shipping it back to the manufacturer who replaced it with a new one. They paid for all of the shipping and even sent UPS to pick it up so the only hassle was packing it back up. We were pleased that they stood behind their product and the new unit worked great for the rest of the summer. Hopefully we won't have the same problem when we open up this year.

The rep who helped me explained that they discovered a problem with all of the Robo-kleens. It sounds like we all had problems with the fuses.

Overall, we still love our Robo-kleen!

Karen

Aranon
05-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Ah Ha. So that fuse might be the problem with all the other ones that everyone said stopped working so quickly. Now I feel better. If I got a brand new one this year it probably is one of the new ones that the problem has been corrected.

Thanks for the input.
Aranon