PDA

View Full Version : Need to replace failed Colorlogic light

skamp
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
My Colorlogic light in my spa went south (I think the blue LED bank went bad) and I need to replace it. It looks like I have to replace the entire light with the cable as opposed to just installing a new bulb. The question I have is how does the wire seal in the niche? Is it as simple as the following:

1. Disconnect wires at junction box.
2. Connect pull string to wires that were disconnected at junction box.
3. Pull old wire out of the conduit.
4. Connect new cable to pull string.
5. Pull new cable into the junction.
6. Reconnect wires at junction box.

I have pulled plenty of cable through conduit in my time but I am really unsure of how the new cable seals in the light niche. Does anyone have experience in replacing a failed Colorlogic light? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

waste
01-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Steve, you got it!!:)

Sometimes the hole where the conduit enters the niche is packed with putty, but, most of the time, it's exactly as you describe:cool:

skamp
01-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Steve, you got it!!:)

Sometimes the hole where the conduit enters the niche is packed with putty, but, most of the time, it's exactly as you describe:cool:

So are you saying the hole in the niche that the cable runs through is self sealing or something? It is at the bottom of my spa so I did not have a chance to look to see if there was putty or anything. Thanks!

Steve

waste
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Steve, usually, they aren't sealed at all:eek:

I was just saying that you may find some sort of sealer in there:) Once the sealant is removed, the light will be able to be pulled out and replaced in the way you originally posted:cool: