PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Attach Solar Cover

deanbrew
09-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I have a solar cover that will need replaced next spring. I think I'll try a clear bubble cover rather than the blue one I have now.

I'm looking for suggestions regarding the best way to attach the cover to the reel. Are there any attachment kits out there that work particularly well? Any to avoid?

Velcro? Which clamps? Which straps? Which kit?

Thanks.

CarlD
09-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I dunno. I think all the velcro attached kits seem pretty generic. What really matters is how properly spread out the straps are, how far from the edge and how equally far, and how well the straps are adjusted to all pull evenly. I've done it several times and the more accurately you place the straps, the better it rolls.

BTW, I found the thick expensive covers last about the same 3 years as the more moderately priced one, and the warranties aren't worth their spit in the ocean. My first one was cheap and fell apart after about 2 years. My second was expensive and thick and lasted 3 years. My current one is pretty cheap and is nicely finishing its 2nd year and will make 3. The properly installed strap kit means it rolls more evenly.

hope this helps.