PDA

View Full Version : Pool Heaters: control panels common source of problems

halds
04-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I am looking into replacing our old pool heater (natural gas. no requirement for NOx) , and have been trying to educate myself on the best replacement. I have noticed that the most frequent complaint from several on online consumer reviews, has been problems with the control panels, which seems to be independent of the brand.

Have any of our readers who have purchased pool heaters in the last 5 years had similar experience? Is there a brand that you would recommend above others? Ive also noticed that these companies rarely state the heating efficiency.... probably indicates that it is not very high....is there a model with better than 90% efficiency that works well?

Hayward seems to be the easiest to obtain in our region (Nebraska), but I have not come across a high efficieny heater by them.

I believe the main problem with control panels is probably condensation in the electronics during the off season. wondering if there is a good way to help prevent this problem...

Hal

mwsmith2
04-29-2006, 11:44 AM
I believe the sta-rite Maxi Therm is one of the most efficient ones out there, at about 85%

Michael

imfignewton
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
The Jandy Hi-E2 is one of the most efficient I know of at 95% but get ready to shell out some dollars. The Sta-Rite Maxi Therm mentioned above is very good heater for the money.