PDA

View Full Version : Info on DuoClear generators

cmack
04-29-2006, 01:05 AM
I ran across a chlorine generator made by Zodiac (DuoClear). No I don't work for them!! It uses a technology which delivers controlled trace amounts of silver and copper, which is something I haven't seen in any of the more popular units. Is anyone familiar with them or their products? They are a company down under (Australia) which has been using chlorine generators exclusively for some time. so that's good right? They should know what they're doing. They give a lifetime warranty for the electrode. One negative though you have to replace the secondary silver-copper cartridge every six months @ about sixty bucks each. If anyone out there can advise me on these units please post.
Thanks

waterbear
04-29-2006, 01:40 AM
It's just a Nature2 ionizer (which DOES require a residual FC of at least .5 ppm for proper sanitation) combined with a SWG to provide the chlorine. Nothiing new or breakthrough at all! You might want to read this thread to get the lowdown on ionizers and metals in your water
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=98

IMHO, not worth it....stick to a plain SWG!

Zodiac is a HUGE international company that started in France at the turn of the last century which now makes boats, aviation equiment (their original field.. they started out making aerial balloons and airships), automotive equipment, pool equipment and pools (under various brand names) , and probably other things too. Some pool equipment brands by Zodiac include Zodiac and KD (AG pools), Nature2 (ionizers), Clearwater (SWG), Barracuda (mostly suction side cleaners), Sweepy Robotic cleaners (Europe) and Polaris :eek:(Suction and pressure side cleaners and some other assorted goodies such as lighting, water features, automation, and in floor cleaning systems). I was pretty shocked myself when I learned that Polaris is owned by Zodiac but you can check it out yourself by going to the Zodiac pool portel website!
http://www.zodiac.com/eu/activites/?28-3-pools

Poolsean
04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh you'll love to learn that a group that consist of Zodiac amoungst other, now own Jandy!

cmack
04-30-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks Waterbear for enlightening me. That link was both informative and a bit amusing.
If I read you right this unit is a combined SWG and ionizer?? Too bad I couldn't dissable the ionizer and just let the SWG function normally.
You see I found a good deal on this Duoclear25 $70 bucks for the control panel and leads to cartridge top, but no cartridges. so I thought I could get a SWG for under $200 bucks. Which would take care of my brushing the algae from my pool 3x per week. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I had high calcium levels last year. So I drained 2\3 of my pool. But the problem still persists. Looks like I'll have to peruse this forum and/or post in another catagory.
thanks
Craig