PDA

View Full Version : Pool Store Advice

bmgo
04-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Wow
Just became aware of the info available on this forum. So I have a new liner and NEW water as of closing last year. Ive maintained this pool based on a curve of pool store advice and common sense for 19 years BUT this stuff is interesting. Its not always been fun and learned to watch the POOL GUYS

Went to the local BIO lab fix today to check my water mainly becuase of I am trying some of the advice presented here.
I have already performed the tests with the Taylor Test Kit to see what to expect.
At any rate he's using the same test kit as I am but my readings are less productive for him. Their results call for Ph Adjustment 3lbs. TA 16lbs. Calcium 14lbs. Thats over 30lbs of high priced chemicals that IMHO I dont need.
When I suggested using liquid chlorine he panicked due to vinyl liner bleaching and suggested a chlorine generator @$1K
The moral to the story is do you want safe cost effective pool water or do you want to sell chemicals. I know the answer.
Im going to try the program presented on this forum this year. It seems to make sense.
Sorry for the long post

Watermom
04-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum - a great place to learn how to manage your pool effectively and inexpensively. Post your water testing results. Curious to see what they were and how that relates to what all they wanted you to add to your water.

Watermom