PDA

View Full Version : 6 Port valve above sand filter

algopher
04-28-2006, 08:43 PM
About this time last year, I had to have my laterals replaced and also the pvc pipe that runs from the multiport valve to the laterals. I also had to have the "spider??" gasket replaced. It seemed to work good, but as it went along more and more sand was again appearing in the pool. So after getting the chemistry right this spring I looked in the pool and there is a lot of sand in it again, even after manually vacuuming it Tuesday morning. Trying to determine if the problem is again in the large pipe or laterals I found that the main part of the multiport that the handle is fastened to, that should go up and down doesn't seem to go down as far as it used to when the handle that you turn it with is released. I don't remember if it was that way after the repairs were made by the service fellow or not.
Do you think with the shaft not going down all the way could let sand by pass and dirty up the pool? I hope I explained it sufficiently so that y'all can figure out what I'm talking about.
Someone on this forum diagnosed the problem last year and was right on and I'm very appreciative.
Thanks in advance.

KurtV
04-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Master Chief,
Could there be sand in the innards that's preventing the valve from operating fully/correctly? Does it "feel" gritty?

Semper Paratus

algopher
04-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Haven't thought of that, and it is kind of "gritty" feeling. It is something to checkout and would explain a lot. Thanks for th info. Hope you came out of the "hurricanes" unharmed.