PDA

View Full Version : PayPak Service Diagnostic Codes

craigrpeters
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I have a 3-4 year old Raypak RP2100 335 heater that has suddenly stopped working. It won't spark properly to ignite the natual gas. It worked fine for the first 2 weeks of this season, then stopped.

The front panel error is "PLT". Also, I can hear that the clicking sound of the ignitor inside has stopped.

There's supposed to be a board inside that has a lights which indicate the exact problem -- service diagnostic codes. Does anyone have a list of these codes and what they mean available?

[I keep the pH above 7.2, its definitely getting gas as I can smell it (and like I said it worked for a couple of weeks), and I've completely cut the power several times to no avail.... I think this is a problem with an internal part since its pretty new -- not a problem with dirt build-up, etc.]

Thanks,
-Craig

IMherDad
04-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Sounds like the igniter has gone out. My suggestion is to call the company.

(805) 278-5300 RayPak Customer Service

thepoolman1
05-01-2006, 12:00 PM
The "PLT" error code means pilot failure. The lack of spark may or may not mean an ignitor problem.

I have seen the "PLT" code come up because the main valve in the heater was in the "off" position. No gas = no pilot. Have also seen clogged pilot-burner orifices. The lack of spark may have to do with water flow issues (dirty filter, clogged basket, etc.), or it may be a problem with the electronics of the heater.

All of these (except turning the gas valve on) will require a competent service tech to diagnose.

craigrpeters
08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
So, its now 2 years later (the unit is about 5 years old) and I now have mulitple failures on the piece of crap.

According to our pool company:

1) Pilot module is out and needs to be replaced.
2) Wiring is shot, probably due to flame-ups
3) The bottom spreader pan is rusted almost completely and needs to be replaced.

Total tab to fix this $2700 heater -- $1300 bucks.

NEVER EVER buy a RayPak.

- A very upset owner...