PDA

View Full Version : low pressure after pool move

bkny1055
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
:confused: I moved my pool pump and filter to the side of my house its about 15 feet from where it originaly was my issues now is low pressue
I have a 1 HP motor that is newly built
Also if i the pool timer shuts down and then on again the next day the pressue in the pool is even lower you dont get high water pressure coming out the jets in the pool
sorry i dont have pictures or other stuff but whatever you guys can help with would be great
Do i need a stronger pool pump ?

the pool is an inground pool with a liner
30,000 gallons
3 feet to 8 feet

Yes everything was working just great before i am guessing since i added that much more pipes its causing my issues
Also i have to get the air pockets out the pipes everytime i turn it back on i have to take a water hose and fill the skimmer basket so i can get better pressure

aylad
09-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you have a leak somewhere, if you have air pockets without opening the pump basket. It is reasonable to think that adding extra lengths of piping might lower your pressure a little bit, but I don't think it would lower it that much. Are you sure everything is tightened so there's no leaking?

Janet

bkny1055
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
yes i can fill the pipes with water but for some reason after stopping and then restarting on the timer the pressure lowers..but if i fill the skimmer i get great pressure..
I was thinking maybe i needed a stronger pump or something

Poconos
09-11-2008, 05:31 PM
If you're getting air in the pipes with the pump off then there is a leak somewhere as Jan suggested. Low pressure indicates either air in the lines which causes reduced pumping or a suction side blockage or air leak. Adding another 20' of pipe should not cause that much added flow resistance. When you get the thing running and stable are there air bubbles coming out of the return jets and is the pump basket full? By stable I mean after it is running for a few minutes after starting. I also assume when you added the extra pipe for the move that the pipe diameter was the same or bigger as was used before. Also remember that it only takes a tiny air leak to mess things up. A long shot but could some crud have been knocked loose like twigs in the pipe or something and tangled in the impeller?
All I can suggest for now.
Al