PDA

View Full Version : Help !! Need assistance Fast !

TexasGirl831
04-28-2006, 09:10 AM
My pool had been at the gunite stage for the last 3 weeks, and I noticed that water was seeping through at different parts of the pool. My builder said that it was ok and that when they put in the Pebbletec it would seal it.

They put in the pebbletec yesterday, by last night the water had seeped through the pebbletec at the same places it did before.

They are going to acid wash today and fill the pool. Should they??? or is it something that needs to be fixed before they do that?? I dont want the plaster lifting later.

What should we do????

Michelle

xoroniox
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I am not an expert at building pools but i do know this pools are NOT supposed to leak! Before they move on to the next step i believe you should talk to the builder show him exactly where it is leaking and talk to him about it. if it leaks now and they are done with the shell of the pool itself acid wash/filling the pool will not seal the leaks. I hope someone can direct you better than i have considering i have never had a pool build before, but what you tell me at your stage just doesnt seem right. good luck

-Arron

imfignewton
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM
The plaster company should not have plastered if the pool was weeping water thru the shell. The weepers should have been taken care of before plastering the pool. The plaster may eventually stop the weeping water but you could end up with bonding problems and discolored plaster in these areas. Not a good way to start out.