PDA

View Full Version : Is wall foam worth it.

Aranon
04-28-2006, 01:14 AM
I did not order the wall foam with my pool because my sales person (Tammy) said she didn't really think it would do much good. She described it as polyester batting that you stuff pillows with. Not foam but white polyester that you could see through. See said she couldn't see that it would do much good.

Are their other brands. I was thinking it would be a thick dense cell foam, maybe 3/8" thick or more. I was thinking if you had a good insulation value it would help with heat loss and if thick enough help protect the liner.

Anyone familiar with a good wall foam and where to purchase it.

Thanks
Aranon

duraleigh
04-28-2006, 08:49 AM
I think Tammy may be confused. Most wall foam is closed-cell polyurethane and fairly high density. Available in 1/8 or 1/4, it's biggest benefit, IMHO, is to provide a buffer between the harsh pool wall and the liner.....feels nice, too!

chazzilla
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Couldn't agree more. It doesn't really DO anything, but it feels nice. We installed it because our pool is partially buried and backfilled, so if a little rust developes in the next five years we have that buffer! Here is a pick of wall foam, foam cove, and gorilla bottom completed. It too me, gives a more professional feel, if that makes sense. We also had a little of the foam left over so I put a "pad" down over the gorilla pad and under the liner were the wedding cake steps will be for a little extra protection. My personal opinion it was $100 well worth it. $50 for the foam, and $50 for the adhesive.

Good Luck,
Chaz