PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my Robo-Kleen running. :(

scootchu
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I have dismantled my Robo-Kleen, which will run for a foot and then stop. The pump motor isn't running and I believe it triggers a relay to shut the whole unit down. I have taken the pump motor apart and have come to the conclusion that the motor would run fine, but the start and run capacitors have gone South. The motor will hum and you can almost get it to run by spinning the shaft, but no dice. The problem is in the sealed motor there is a black resin-like epoxy that has been poured into the top cap and covers a majority of the PC board with the caps on it.

It's a 24vac motor and I am pretty sure there is a start cap at the very least that could be replaced and make the motor run. Trouble is I know of no good way to free the board from it's hard black glue. Shame. I may be tempted to just get the board out anyway possible and rebuild it with new board. It would be nice to be able to buy replacement parts from Smart-Pool, but they don't sell parts and with a $40-50 diagnostic fee it's not worth shipping it back. Any ideas???? So close and yet so far.