PDA

View Full Version : Stupid mistake...

mkelley
07-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I think I know what happened but I'm not sure how to fix it.

In an effort to please the wife (and get rid of algae *fast*) I used some algacide -- yep, I know better, but I've done it in the past without difficulties. The problem is that I used a different one this time (bought it by mistake) but it *did* say "anti-foaming for use in pools and spas".

Anyone want to guess? Yep, I've got a foaming pool now. The pool isn't too bad, except when the solar comes on, but there's no turning on the spa without it looking like wash day. Not only that, but the whole pool looks a little green (might just be this early morning, and the fact we had tons of rain the last few days).

Is there any way out of this short of draining the pool and starting all over? One thing for sure -- only bleach treatments from now on (assuming I can get this solved).

CarlD
07-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Actually, if you shock your pool with bleach, and keep it shocked for a couple of days, running the filter 24/7, the pool should clear...

Making a mistake is natural. Repeating it when you KNOW better--that's different.:rolleyes:

mkelley
07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks, I kind of thought that was what I had to do.

Am shocking even as we speak <bg>