PDA

View Full Version : What to do first...

csevel
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I have not received my P234 test yet but have a 5-way test kit from Walmart. I plan on filling my new A/G pool (8,600 gals) with softened well water. Would it be prudent to test my water from the faucet and post those numbers so I can get an idea how much bleach to purchase? I am wondering how much CYA (already purchased) to add also. Thanks for your replys.:confused:

DavidD
04-27-2006, 04:54 PM
That would be an excellent idea. Using the bleach calculator, I figure you will need 2 lbs of CYA to hit 30ppm however, If I were you, I'd add only 1 lb, wait several days, test and recalculate.

Service Guy
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I have not received my P234 test yet but have a 5-way test kit from Walmart. I plan on filling my new A/G pool (8,600 gals) with softened well water. Would it be prudent to test my water from the faucet and post those numbers so I can get an idea how much bleach to purchase? I am wondering how much CYA (already purchased) to add also. Thanks for your replys.:confused:

I wouldn't recommend filling it with softened water. There's really no need to and it might complicate chemical balancing later. As far as adding Cyanuric acid, go by the directions on the brand that you bought - 2lbs. sounds like that's fairly accurate, but it's best to follow the individual manufacturer's dosage on the container.

PoolDoc
04-27-2006, 05:55 PM
"Service Guy", I'm not sure you've seen my email or posts asking you to slow down on the chemical answers. You've been posting at a fairly frantic rate.

But, for your sake and the forum's, I'm disabling your account till we've talked. This is your third bogus post on pool chemistry.

Ben
"PoolDoc"