PDA

View Full Version : Need To Know

mohawk
06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
I have purchased a Hayward 1HP superpump-2 speed- for my AG pool. The electrician will be done on saturday, and I'll need to get the pump hooked up with the filter. Will the set up be the same as it was with the AG pump? The other pump uses 3 flexable hoses. One from the pool to the pump- 1 from the pump to the filter, and 1 from the filter to the solar panels and then pool. All of the hoses I have now are flexable. Will that be a problem? I have looked at some of the pics on the forum and many use pvc pipe. Does it make a difference? Thanks for any help, Denise

CarlD
06-05-2008, 09:49 PM
The Superpump has an inlet off its skimmer basket and an outlet on top. Those are the only two ports.

The outlet goes to the filter and, maybe on yours, tees off to go the panels. When it comes out of the other side of the filter, it goes back to the pool--that's usually where the tee for the solar panels comes off from the return.

Hope this helps.

mohawk
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
That's how it's set up on my other pump. I was wondering if I can still use the same flexable hose as before or if I will need to change to PVC. --since it's an inground pump as compared to above ground. Does that make sense? Denise :confused:

CarlD
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
That's how it's set up on my other pump. I was wondering if I can still use the same flexable hose as before or if I will need to change to PVC. --since it's an inground pump as compared to above ground. Does that make sense? Denise :confused:

It's not really a question of hose, but more of fittings. I see no problem in reusing hoses if they are in good condition and you have the right fittings. I'm personally a big fan of flexible PVC piping, called TigerFlex, but it's frequently used as hose, with fittings that go inside it and tightened with hose clamps. That's fine for hose but wrong for TigerFlex which, just like hard PVC pipe should use glued-on Schedule 40 fittings.

Actually, working with hard PVC is incredibly easy. All you need is a hack saw or jig saw, and primer/cleaner and glue. TigerFlex is a little harder to cut but is also easy.

Still I use a hybrid of hard PVC, TigerFlex and hose on my system and it works fine.