PDA

View Full Version : Where's everyone from?????

badkins
04-27-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm from Northern Ky myself. It's cool because I can be in Cincinnati in about 10 minutes. I hate the cold winters, but I do enjoy the changing of the seasons. Where's everyone else from?

mas985
04-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Pleasanton, California just east of Oakland. This is our first week of good weather and I just turned on my solar panels starting at a temp of 65 degrees. Hope it warms up enough by the weekend.

PoolDoc
04-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm from Northern Ky myself. It's cool because I can be in Cincinnati in about 10 minutes. I hate the cold winters, but I do enjoy the changing of the seasons. Where's everyone else from?

You can add that information to your profile, accessed via the "User CP" (Control Panel). On most forums, that info is just in the "how interesting" category. But here, it will actually help you give / get better answers -- location matters in terms of what sort of pool care is appropriate.

Thx,

Ben
PoolDoc

Gladys
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Texas,Galveston County

SPitz
05-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally from Sandusky Ohio...now in Katy Texas which is a suburb of Houston. Been here for almost 9 years now.

Poolidiot
05-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Texas here also (Abilene)

mbar
05-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Northeast PA (Ashland)

Watermom
05-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Just to reiterate what PoolDoc said in his post above - you can go to the user control panel and put where you are from. Then, it will appear on all of your posts. Very simple to do.

Poolidiot
05-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Just to reiterate what PoolDoc said in his post above - you can go to the user control panel and put where you are from. Then, it will appear on all of your posts. Very simple to do.

Ok call me an idiot, but I dont see where to do this. And watermom , by your post does that mean we are not suppose to post on this one any more?

duraleigh
05-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok call me an idiot, but I dont see where to do this. And watermom , by your post does that mean we are not suppose to post on this one any more?

Go to "user cp" at the top left of this thread. When it opens, click on edit profile and then go down the right side of the screen and you can put personal info there.

What watermom (and Ben) is saying is that it's helpful to know your geographic location when you post a new thread.......and, yes, if everyone would do that it would make this thread useless. :)

While we're being friendly, I would like to see folks put up a first name when they post. Then, if you are addressing one particular person, it is much more pleasant to call them by a first name than a username. (yours is a good example) It is sometimes a stretch to convey the friendly nature of your post when your first words are "Dear Poolidiot,"!!! :) :) :)

waterbear
05-07-2006, 08:46 PM
While we're being friendly, I would like to see folks put up a first name when they post. Then, if you are addressing one particular person, it is much more pleasant to call them by a first name than a username.
:) :)

Gee, and I thought I had a "cute and cuddly" username! ;) (it's actually the name of a microscopic fresh water crustacean)

CarlD
05-07-2006, 09:13 PM
My usual ability to create imaginative, wonderful handles that I use at other sites failed me when I signed up here years ago, so I'm stuck with CarlD.

Anybody got any NICE suggestions (ie, printable) for a better handle? "PoolIdiot" is already taken!

Watermom
05-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Are you sure you are brave enough to ask that? What if I decide to respond? You know what a smarty-pants I am!!:D

CarlD
05-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Are you sure you are brave enough to ask that? What if I decide to respond? You know what a smarty-pants I am!!:D

Remember: I said NICE!!!!!

KurtV
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
How about Carl "Add More Bleach Please" D?
:)

ivyleager
05-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh gosh, has this forum turned into a chat room, too? Please, figure out how to add your location as directed. And I'm usually one of the nice ones.

CaryB

Poolidiot
05-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok I gotter done

Top Cat
05-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Central Indiana here. Our water is pushing 80* right now. My brave (not so smart? lol) ds was swimming late yesterday afternoon! BRRRRR!!! :eek:

Terri