PDA

View Full Version : Been away for almost a half of a year

sevver
05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Well, I have been gone for almost half of a year now, and peaking back in, nothing has changed. There are still the old arguments and still the old complaints. Hopefully things pick up around here again. I feel bad for the mods here, it gets old fast.

CarlD
05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Nonsense!

We LIKE the discussions and helping people.

The two biggest things are:

1) Our dear Watermom's battle with breast cancer. We are all hopeful it's localized and she'll be starting chemo soon. This has been hard on all of us, mods and posters, and Lisa has been AWESOME throughout this life-changing trial. And Al (Poconos) has been there for her and her family.

2) New chemistry has changed our perception of Total Alkalinity. Current thinking is running that 80-100 is really the target, although, personally, with a vinyl pool, I've run as high as 180 without problems.

In addition, there's a lot more discussion on SWGs, and (FINALLY!) very little on the "miracle" mineral additives like Nature2. We spend more time warning people not to be scared by the latest pool store antics: Scaring you with TDS scores and phosphate levels.

Now, as pool season is hot and heavy (to make a corny pun), we are getting plenty of activity here at PoolForum. Yeah, we get the same questions, year after year--but that's OK. When your pool turns green it's hard not to panic and run to the pool store for instant help, which is very, VERY expensive and usually doesn't work.

sevver
05-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Oh, it isn't the same questions about pool chemistry that I was refering to. That is going to be expected. You guys are great at dealing with that. What I meant was that Ben is not back, people are still mad about not getting their kits, and you mods are still keeping things going. That is what I meant, is that in spite of it all, you guys are staying the ship. It is commendable.

As for the breast cancer, I would never insult that, and honestly your implication that I did or would is insulting. I pray that she is healed, and that she could be an inspiration for others. God is nothing short of miraculous and I don't doubt that something miraculous can and will occur.

As for the T.A. I this year lowered mine from around 180 to 90 and find that now I am having to RAISE my Ph instead of lower it. I think I need to shoot for something in the middle there. So thanks for clarifying that for me, I had suspected it this morning and now I see that it may be the case. I am going to shoot for around 120 maybe.

All I use in my pool is the basics, no Nature2, although there was a time a few years ago when we did. And as for pool stores? That is a place you go to get parts isn't it? lol:D

Peace.
steve

CarlD
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Steve,

Your implication that nothing much is different here when this major challenge to one of our own is going on made it obvious to me you hadn't been reading everything and didn't realize Lisa's battle.

I never meant to imply you didn't care, merely that you were ignorant of this.

We all do hope Ben FINALLY comes back and clears things up.

Watermom
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
I pray that she is healed, and that she could be an inspiration for others. God is nothing short of miraculous and I don't doubt that something miraculous can and will occur.

Peace.
steve

Thanks, Steve. Like you, I too believe that God is nothing short of miraculous and He will be with me through all of this. God is an AWESOME God. Thanks again, and welcome back to the forum!

Lisa

sevver
05-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks, Steve. Like you, I too believe that God is nothing short of miraculous and He will be with me through all of this. God is an AWESOME God. Thanks again, and welcome back to the forum!

Lisa

Thanks, keep your faith and expect nothing short of a total recovery, don't put any limits on Him. You will be in my prayers.