PDA

View Full Version : Pool Store Liquid Chlorine

aswetich
04-27-2006, 12:15 PM
If I find a good deal on liquid chlorine can I still use the bleach calculator ?

prh129
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Yes, just make sure you adjust the chlorine strength accordingly in the calculator window (the pool store is probably 10.5 or 12% vs. 5.25 or 6% for laundry bleach). It's probably a good idea to check this every time especially if you will be using both throughout the season.

Peter

mwsmith2
04-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Absolutely. Just be sure to enter it as a regular number, i.e. 10.5% = 10.5 and you'll be all set. Personally, I loved using the liquid chlorine, it's just that it's hard to find a good deal on it. Also, it has to be kept inside, as warm temps degrade it rather rapidly.

Michael

waste
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Absolutely. Just be sure to enter it as a regular number, i.e. 10.5% = 10.5 and you'll be all set. Personally, I loved using the liquid chlorine, it's just that it's hard to find a good deal on it. Also, it has to be kept inside, as warm temps degrade it rather rapidly.

Michael
Michael, and the rest of the forum, sunlight also has a VERY detremental effect on the liquid chlorine's concentration. If it comes in a transparent jug, store in a cool dry place. Just wanted to clarify for all (before their sodium hypo did ;) )

leejp
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
What are acceptable temp/light conditions... I store my jugs of bleach in the garage but in the middle of July/Auguust it can get pretty warm out there (90*F)... But then again, that's hardly warm to those of you in FL, TX, AZ...

mwsmith2
04-27-2006, 11:02 PM
To me, acceptable is storing it in the house. I kept mine in the laundry room under the sink.

Michael