PDA

View Full Version : Need MECHANICAL steps to open pool

jenmenke
04-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Hi. I looked everywhere but could not find the answer to my question. If it exists, please, just point me to the thread. If not, read on:

We have always paid the pool company to "open" our pool. It costs about $150. I am very handy. I know it is a silly thing to pay for. But now I have incentive, as the pool company filed chapter 11 and is changing hands.

My water is crystal clear. All I need to do is get all the equipment running. I know plugs and screws have been removed. Can anyone list the steps in order that I need to take to get my EQUIPMENT up and running? I would appreiciate it so much. Especially if you can be speedy. I have an open afternoon and a beautiful day to do it.

Pool is 20x40 inground, vinyl liner. two skimmers with winter plugs in them. Main drain. 3 or 4 eyeball returns(?). Stupid decorative "fountains" with their own dedicated pump. Polaris cleaner with a booster pump. Auto cover, with water back up to operating levels. DE Filter. Hayward pump. I think that's about it.
Thanks,
Jennie

vanhout
04-27-2006, 05:49 PM
I usually put all the plugs back into the pump and filter, remove the plugs in the skimmers, and then remove the plugs at the return jets. Run the hose in the pump "catch pot" for a few minutes, then close it up and turn on the pump.

I'm not sure about the booster pump and line, I don't have one of those.

Good luck.

MarkC
04-28-2006, 12:47 PM
The booster pump has a small plug in the bottom that needs to be reinserted as well.

jenmenke
04-28-2006, 01:38 PM
oh oh. I didn't see that. And it's running right now! Would water be spewing out? I bet they didn't take that out... I'm going to check right now.