PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Liner Install

chazzilla
04-26-2006, 08:25 PM
For everyone wanting liner install pics! We are replacing our liner. Old one was a jhook, that was hard to get the wrinkles out, cause my hard bottom was too high, I think. Anyway, this time around we added wall foam, a foam cove, and Gorilla Pad under the liner, but over the hard bottom. Advice, if you are using a hard bottom and wedding cake steps, use a pad under them!:( Liner comes in tommorrow, so more picks coming and wish us luck!

Chaz

hrsdennis
04-26-2006, 10:27 PM
It looks great so far, please do include more photos. You are very right, wrinkles are tough to get out of a hard bottom.

Hope to see more, Dennis

MaryAnnB_AL
04-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Chazzilla, We are going to replace our liner in the next few weeks. What name brand liner did you go with? Our's will be an overlap. Did you order it from a local pool store or online. Our local pool dealer has only 3 designs to choose from and I don't care for any of them. She sort of warned me about ordering online but I figure she just wanted my sale. I noticed a couple of places online that have a good price.

I'd like to see more pics also.

MaryAnn

chazzilla
04-27-2006, 10:16 AM
We went with Mosaic Granite. We ordered it from swimmingpoolliners.com. Great price, nice people. They are a sister site of leisure living. Prompt shipping, and many designs to choose. I guess this is the liner season, so many were on back-order. The original liner we ordered was on back-order. We called them and they replaced it with one they had in stock and shipped it the next day. In about three hours I can tell you about the condition.

Chaz

The Raddish
04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
MaryAnnB_AL, I totally forgot to get you the info you asked for. When I go to lunch today, I'll get the card out of my truck and give you the number for The Pool Store.

chazzilla
04-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Well, we are all done. Overlap Liner came in a box in great condition. No problems with ordering online. It actually had less seams than our old one, which surprised us. The bonus, not one single wrinkle in the whole thing, and that is without using a vacuum and two people installing it. Last install was a jhook liner 8 people helping and about 3 hours of tinkering, and wrinkles everywhere. Go figure! We could not be happier! The pool and deck are all put back together, the only thing left is the wedding cake steps, but the water is 62 degrees here. Any questions anyone has about the install, I would be happy to answer them. Here are some completed pics. The pattern at the top is not perfectly "level", but small price to pay for no wrinkles in my opinion!