PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, baby, I'm back !!!!!

pool newby
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I spent all of two days trying to remember my login user id and password combo before finally getting it right. I had reinstalled Windows XP, and also changed email addresses, so I couldn't recover it that way. But alas, finally figured it out.

Took my cover off last night of my 18' round AGP, and have alot of of dirt on the bottom. Plus I let alot of leaves/debris get in when I pulled the cover. The cover has degraded over the 2 years, and had alot of holes, and generally in bad shape, which allowed alot of the dirt and stuff.

Spent most of the day getting the filter hooked up, pool filled back up, vacumming, and adding chlorine.

The water is clear (not green), but quite cloudy from all the dirt/stuff in it. I added a sock to the skimmer, and plan on running the filter 24/7 for the first few days. Hopefully, that should clear the water pretty well.

I haven't taken my numbers yet, probably will do that tomorrow.

aylad
04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Welcome back, it's nice to see people coming back that have been gone all winter. Swimming season isn't that far away!!!

Janet

CarlD
04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome back, Newby! Nice to see you here!

simsjim
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
The place is just buzzin with folks peeling back thier covers!

I LOVE it, such an exciting time of year!

Plus, there is always that mystery of what lies beneath the ol' leaf covered, dark blue vinyl.......

Welcome back everyone!