PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin diagnostic advantage-differences?

luvapool
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Could anyone tell me the differences between the Dolphin Diagnostic and the Diagnostic Advantage? I have seen both on ebay and the Advantage seems cheaper for some reason. Is there a difference or are they the same?

hzz
04-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I looked at ebay and they both look the same to me.

The only thing I would suggest to you is to get the model that comes with the caddy and the remote.While the caddy is a bit flimsy, it still helps to store and move the dolphin around.The remote is excellent for spot cleanups.

I didn't see the remote model on ebay right now, but it does show up from time to time.

By the way, you'll love your dolphin!

waterbear
04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Could anyone tell me the differences between the Dolphin Diagnostic and the Diagnostic Advantage? I have seen both on ebay and the Advantage seems cheaper for some reason. Is there a difference or are they the same? According to the Smartpool website http://www.smartpool.com/website/RPC/index.htm
the advantage is a residential cleaner and the diagnostic is a commercial cleaner. There is a chart on the page the above link takes you to that compares the features. If I am not mistaken Smartpool is the USA agent for Maytronics, who manufactures the Dolphin (and some other) robotic cleaners. If you download the instruction manual for the dynamic from the Maytronics website it states that all warrenty claims need to go through Smartpool and not Maytronics. The Diagnostic manual is in several languages and says nothing about warrenty claims.