PDA

View Full Version : Super Pump Question

mohawk
03-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm trying to pick out a pump for our pool and I've run across some posts saying that the Hayward SP was very noisy. I'm going to purchase a 2 speed 1 hp pump so I know it won't be as noisy as a 1 speed, but I still don't want to get a pump that's known for being loud. If they are noisy, is there a different pump that's quieter? Thanks..Denise

mohawk
03-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Doesn't anybody have knowledge on these pumps? Anybody?...:confused:

Poconos
03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I have a 1 HP superpump 1997 vintage. Don't notice any abnormally high noise level but have nothing to compare it to. I also did some tricks to quiet it down. It's in a poolhouse and sitting on a vibration mount and flexible hoses isolating the pipes. Hope someone else chimes in.
Al

CarlD
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm trying to pick out a pump for our pool and I've run across some posts saying that the Hayward SP was very noisy. I'm going to purchase a 2 speed 1 hp pump so I know it won't be as noisy as a 1 speed, but I still don't want to get a pump that's known for being loud. If they are noisy, is there a different pump that's quieter? Thanks..Denise

I have this pump--Hayward 2spd 1 hp Superpump-- and while you can hear it on full speed, it's certainly not so loud you can't hear yourself think or carry on a conversation. On low speed it's so quiet I sometimes have to touch it feel the vibration.

waterbear
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I sell them, It's about average for a pump in it's class, IMHO. All pumps can get noiser with age and how and where it's mounted does come into play.

mohawk
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks Guys,

I feel much better about the pump. Now I just need to find a sale. Denise :)