PDA

View Full Version : xmas

waste
12-25-2007, 02:05 AM
To all at Pool Forum--

MERRYCHRISTMAS!!!!!

And to all non Christians - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

I wish you all the best in 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poconos
12-26-2007, 01:53 AM
Merry Christmas too and thanks for the wishes. Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Year too.
Al

Man things are dead this time of year.

aquarium
12-30-2007, 02:16 PM
And GOOD SOLSTICE to you too! :p

We've had some colder-than-usual-this-time-of-year nights, so I went ahead and freeze-guarded the pumps. Took out the bottom drain plugs, set the multi-port valve to an in-between-notches setting and flipped the breakers to off.

And bought a new leaf net because the kids used the last one in some sort of jousting tournament. :eek: Their atonement is to net out any leaves between now and April. Which works better for me because putting my hands in the skimmer is painful with the water this cold. :D

Poconos
12-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Cold in Central Texas? Hey, you don't know what cold water is. My pool has about 4" of ice in it. Got a bunch of rain the last few days and had to drain a couple inches out. My arm is good for about 15 seconds submerged before it goes numb.
Happy New Year to all.
Al
And....hope Ben reappears in 2008.

waste
12-30-2007, 04:46 PM
And....hope Ben reappears in 2008.

AMEN!!

If you'd care to compare cold water stories ~4 years ago we had an early freeze, we had our last new pool to put faceplates on and cut out --- I had to break through a `1/4" skim of ice to get to the returns:eek: . Needless to say it took longer than usual;) (Mrs. Homeowner was out there offering towels and coffee, unfortunately, so was my boss b*tching about how long it was taking me:rolleyes: )-- however, I did get the system up and running for them for 10 min before closing the pool. In short, sticking your hands in very cold water for any prolonged period of time... SUCKS (and hurts!)

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Luv & Luk - Waste:)

CarlD
01-06-2008, 11:41 PM
I just hope all my friends at PoolForum had a happy, safe and healthy holiday season.

We've been cruising the last 2 weeks where it's warm and sunny so I haven't been on the board for a while. While it was very enjoyable, it seems like a part of my life went AWOL and now it's back.