PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ben

JohnT
10-28-2007, 07:25 PM
For another year of painless and relatively inexpensive pool ownership. I closed today, and was just reflecting on how easy it was to take care of the pool compared to the horror stories I hear from people being pool-stored. If I hadn't learned from this site and Ben, it would be a much more difficult job.

waste
10-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Hear, Hear!!!! I fully agree with John! While I hope I've helped some folks with pool questions, what I've gleaned here has helped me with my job so many times!

I hope and pray that Ben is well and will soon rejoin us!!

elsie
10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Obscure as he's been this past season, I, too, thank Ben. I knew zero, I mean ZERO when five years ago I moved from almost 50 years of living in the frigid tundra known as Minnesota to the deep south in Alabama, and bought my sweet treehouse on a half acre with a pool (and a gazillion too many trees, at least in terms of having a pool -- but it's sure great for privacy). When I think back and how naive I was, oh gosh, what I learned after studiously reviewing this forum several hours a day for a month.

Yep, once upon a time I even used idiot strips; took the pool store's advice and used a nonchlorine shock and had a cloudy pool; used the pucks and had an outrageously high CYA; and generally bought everything the pool store advised at a cost, I think, of around $800 that first season. Now, it's a cup of acid once in a while and a few cups of good old nonscented 6% bleach from the grocery store each day. How simple, how economical, and the water's always clear.

And I also thank all the wonderful mods on this forum which, apparently, I'm still very attached to as I haven't yet registered with the one (or two) sister sites created in Ben's absence and concern of this forum one day being lost to the stars.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Elsie

mbar
10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I would also like to thank Ben, and send him my best wishes wherever he is:)

JJParrish
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Another "happy camper" :D because I found PoolSolutions!....and all the wonderful mods, too. A great big THANK YOU to the MODS for all your help and to Ben for making it all possible. All of you have been wonderful.......and our water is always sparkling and clear:D .....
.............This is what I think of every time I think of PS, "Shane, Shane, come back Shane......" Ben, good luck and best wishes to you, wherever you are.

Joyce