PDA

View Full Version : 2 speed switch

greenough1
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi,
I have a 1.5 hp full-rated single speed pump (SF = 1.47) that I want to replace with a more effient model. It's for an in-ground 15k gal pool and 500gal spa combo and 2 in pipe in/out.

I think I've figured out the pumps, but need some guidance on controlling the speed (high/low). I'm considering the dual speed pentair whisperflo, full rated 1hp.

I have an intermatic control center model 2004 with a mechanical timer. I'd like to just add a switch so that I can manual go to high speed for the spa. I've not seen such a thing. I've seen timers for controlling the pump, but just need a switch. There are at least 2 knock-outs in the box that are free.

Thanks,
jeff

mas985
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I think any high amperage dpdt toggle switch will do just fine. You can find them at Radio Shack or sometimes at a hardware store.

thepoolman1
12-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Try an Intermatic P1353ME. It is a digital timer that will automatically switch to the low speed for any time that you set. Best if you have an experienced pool-tech install it for you. There are special considerations that need to be addressed with this control.

Peter155
05-02-2008, 08:19 PM
The Whisperflo 2 speed pumps come with a toggle switch attached to the back cover plate. When you remove the plate you will see three wires (I believe they are white, yellow and black). The black comes from the factory terminated. One of your hot wires gets attached to the black wire, enabling the switch. After the pump is wired you just flip the switch in the back to change speeds.