PDA

View Full Version : Worn coping help

Bergerman
04-26-2006, 10:36 AM
hi all, I had some worn spots on the coping from my solid winter cover.:eek: Can you paint the worn out spots white to match the rest of the coping:confused: ? If you can, what type of paint can you use? If you can not paint do you need to replace the coping:cool: ? Thanks

Ed
Clueless in NJ

duraleigh
04-26-2006, 01:18 PM
What the coping made from?? Aluminum?

Bergerman
04-26-2006, 01:52 PM
What the coping made from?? Aluminum?

Dave, Sorry- yes it is aluminum and I have a Steel/vinyl IG.
Thanks
Ed

duraleigh
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Hi, Ed,

Maybe some of the AG experts will be along soon (matt4x4, where are you?) to give you a definitive answer.

IMHO, it should be fairly straightforward to sand down and paint with a good spray enamel.....like Rustoleum. The issue will be trying to match the existing paint.

Depending on how picky you are, you may want to repaint the entire coping rather than trying to match the existing.

Whatever you decide, you should have fairly good success if you use good painting techniques.

Ed, there may be something special for coping but I'm not aware of it. Let's see what others say. :)

rrwcm
04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
I recently painted my aluminum coping on my IG pool with Rustoleum. I decided to paint all of it. Buy a lot of masking tape! Been 8 weeks and it still looks great.

hsdancer
04-27-2006, 09:24 AM
We had the same question -- thanks for posting this and thanks all for the replies. Joie

Bergerman
04-27-2006, 03:30 PM
I recently painted my aluminum coping on my IG pool with Rustoleum. I decided to paint all of it. Buy a lot of masking tape! Been 8 weeks and it still looks great.

A big thanks to Bill and all who replied:D . I have a small can of oil based rustoleum(not spray paint) protective enamel-flat white. I hope thats what type of paint to use. I think I will try this next week,so if I have the wrong paint please let me know:cool:

Thanks
Ed