PDA

View Full Version : Pentair Dynamo. Any idea where the contacts are?

mjs31
10-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I have taken that back off a couple of times to look for and clean the contacts, but I cannot seem to locate them. Does anyone know where I can get an electrical diagram for this pump? The design is kind of a pain in the butt.

Reason for cleaning...I do not have any air in the lines, but when I try to start in normal (high) speed the pump just sputters and shakes. If I take a 2x4 and jolt it (not hard enough to dent) it will take off. I read on here that this is most likely dirty contacts. I have no issue in low speed.

Poconos
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Don't know anything about that pump/motor. Is there anything on the web like assembly diagrams? Usually the contacts are behind the rear cover, the end opposite the pump, where the power cord enters. I also don't know if there are two separate sets of contacts for a two speed. You're right in assuming that by smacking the thing and it starts is the sign of crummy contacts, OR a loose connection somewhere. Wish I could be more help. If you could post the specific model number that may help.
Al

mjs31
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Don't know anything about that pump/motor. Is there anything on the web like assembly diagrams? Usually the contacts are behind the rear cover, the end opposite the pump, where the power cord enters. I also don't know if there are two separate sets of contacts for a two speed. You're right in assuming that by smacking the thing and it starts is the sign of crummy contacts, OR a loose connection somewhere. Wish I could be more help. If you could post the specific model number that may help.
Al

Hi. I thought that is where they were as well. It may be in the switch itself which is a possibility. Either way, I have contacted Pentair and will wait and see what they have to say. Not a huge issue since I run in low speed most of the time, but I would like to know that it will start in high speed if needed.

Thanks