PDA

View Full Version : cleaning filter grid

essikr
10-14-2007, 11:56 AM
After closing my pool I soak the DE filter grid in a barrel before storage.I have used a store bought chemical to clean it .I believe muratic acid can be used to clean it and I would like to know the amount needed. I'm sure this has been posted before but I can't find the answer ,Thanks for the help.

aylad
10-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I've never done it because I have a sand filter, but maybe this thread will help...

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=357&highlight=cleaning+grids+muriatic+acid

Janet

essikr
10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info ,I think I will go with the 1 to 20 ratio with the acid. I have the grid type element . Going to put it in the barrel and let it soak overnight . I really appreciate the reply.l

Sumo1
10-19-2007, 12:50 PM
When I clean my grids, I use about 1 pint MA in about 3 gal of water. Never thought about what the ratio should be. I let them soak for about 10 minutes and brush them with a soft brush before a thorough rinse. That way, the reassembly is more fresh in my mind. The grids have always come really clean even with the short soaking time.
Hal