PDA

View Full Version : Getting close to closing

supermom
09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Just wanted to check out exactly what to do with Polyquat. This is the first closing we have done since switching to BBB. We have a sand filter that only filters, backwash, filter to waste & pump to waste. Will Polyquat work still or will my filter just filter it out since we can't recirculate without filtering? Thanks

CarlD
09-28-2007, 07:11 AM
Just wanted to check out exactly what to do with Polyquat. This is the first closing we have done since switching to BBB. We have a sand filter that only filters, backwash, filter to waste & pump to waste. Will Polyquat work still or will my filter just filter it out since we can't recirculate without filtering? Thanks

That's your valve--usually they have a recirc position.

But I've found if I add the Poly to the return stream it's STILL very effective.

I like to get all my chems pretty much balanced, then add 1 or 2 quarts of Poly (last couple of seasons I just used one for a 20k pool). I then wait 48 hours for the FC to drop like a stone (an effect of lots of Poly) then boost the FC back to the correct shock level, and close the pool.

ChuckD
09-29-2007, 01:16 AM
In my mind, this issue was put to bed by chem geek in this thread:
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=6996

See my exchange with him later in the thread. I now don't worry about it filtering out (and I have a DE filter).

Chuck