PDA

View Full Version : adding another skimmer and return

Aranon
04-26-2006, 07:09 AM
My pool comes with a Stainless steel panel for the skimmer and return. I thought about ordering another SS panel and adder another skimmer and return on the other end. Its 18' x 40'. Has anyone done this. Inground pools have several. My thinking is this would be better for the water. My pump is a 2-speed 1 1/2 hp Dymano by Pentair. Please advised.
Thanks.

Aranon

hrsdennis
04-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Aranon, I have only seen dual skimmers on a couple of occasions. I saw a large Doughboy oval with a complete filter set up at each end once. Two systems to maintain seemed like way to much work for me.

What I have seen done a lot is the addition of a second return near the far end of the pool. This is much easier to do. It only requires one line and the hole can be added with a 2” or 2 ½” hole saw. The second return will help your filter operate better and finish pushing the leaves and bugs back to the skimmer. I would try that first.

Adding a second stainless steel panel would rquire cutting the wall and splicing the piece in. I would not recommend that.

Best of luck, Dennis

matt4x4
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm with Dennis on this - a second return won't hurt at all.

hoffmans
04-30-2007, 09:50 AM
There are Floating Skimmers you can buy. I have seen a few different types on-line.

Hey, did you ever get that clothes pin out from under your liner?;)

~Hoffmans