PDA

View Full Version : Getting picky

davebva
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Maybe I'm getting picky, but I have been wondering whats going on with my water for some time now. Overall the water is perfect. I do deal with ph creeping up and am constantly adding acid.

My situation is this. Although my water appears clear, when I turn on the light at night you can see suspended particals in the water in front of the light, a lot of them. It is not noticeable unless you look right by the light. This bugs me since I have a DE filter and use an aquabot cleaner once a week, both of which are supposed to filter particles finer than the eye can see.

Am I being too picky, or should my water truly be perfectly clear?

20,000 IG / Gunite / SWG / DE filter / one skimmer
FC - 3
CC - 0
PH - 7.6
Alk - 80
CH - 260
Borates - 45
Salt - 3200

Oh yeah. I do have a stand of trees on one side of the pool, so there is stuff falling into the pool pretty constantly that gets to the skimmer or gets scooped out by me.

Thanks for any input
Dave

aylad
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Each of us has a level of "clean" that we strive to or will accept (I think Ben used to call this the "cleanliness quotient".) I say if your water is clear and your chemistry is good, quit looking at it when you run your light! If you have trees dumping stuff into the pool, I'm afraid you'll never reach the point where the water is crystal clear at night in front of the light.

That's my opinion, anyway, for what it's worth!!

Janet

waste
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Dave, what you may be seeing is the minute hydrogen bubbles that are a result of the SWCG - if the water looks and tests good, don't sweat it:)

davebva
09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Waste....

So I went out tonight to look closer at the particals. I laid down on the deck and looked real close and what I saw was little tiny BUBBLES everywhere. Must be millions over the entire pool. Very cool... well, not really, because I saw the little buggers that make the ph creep up. Still, learned something today.

Thanks for the reply, and to all for the help this forum provides. I have learned SO much. It's awsome to know that you understand something as important as your own pool better than most "professionals".

Dave