PDA

View Full Version : SP710 pressure gauge

cantileveredge
09-03-2007, 05:04 PM
"Adopted" my pool a few years ago when we bought the house and the pressure gauge didn't work. Replaced it but water got in fairly quick and ruined the new one. Just gave up after that and watched the return jet ripples. Makes it tough to properly track pressure. I see a hairline crack where the gauge threads into the multiport housing but it doesn't leak. Is this something internal that can be fixed or a lost cause. I would really like the gauge to work... just cleaning up an algae bloom and in the "milky" stage. Don't want to backwash unless it's necessary to clean the fine stuff.
Huge thanks to the whole forum. I've fixed a hundred things and kept my water nearly perfect ( most of the time ) from the great advice I've read here.

Poconos
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Water itself should not affect the gauge. They're designed for water. Freezing water does ruin them. I'd just replace the gauge and not screw it in too tight at first. Since you have a hairlne crack I'd screw the new gauge in loosely and tighten until it doesn't leak. Don't forget the teflon pipe tape on the threads.
Al