PDA

View Full Version : Water temp short

tropic
08-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm trying to fire up my spa heater and my jandy reads: "water temp short" and my light stays green and the burner won't fire. From what I've read I got some kind of sensor problem. Does anyone know what I should do?
Thanks!
Tropic

Poconos
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Just an educated guess as I don't know that heater at all but from the message it sounds like the water temperature sensor shorted. Sensors of any kind operate in some kind of a range and smart electronics can sense a short or an open and flag the error. My guess is it is a resistive element which require the simplest circuitry. Easy to sense failures too. Should be a simple fix once you find it. Would be located somewhere near the outlet of the heater. When you find it pull the wires off, most likely two on a connector, and see if the error changes to indicate an open. That's what I would try. Someone familiar with that heater can tell you more.
Al

tropic
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Al thanks for the tip. I was thinking about calling the company to see if I can buy a replacement sensor but first I need to find it! Your comments helped alot.
Thanks again,
Tropic

Poconos
08-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I looked at jandy.com and looks like they have a bunch of manuals and exploded parts stuff available. May be able to find details on yours.
Al