PDA

View Full Version : Need help cloudy water

sisie5
08-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Hello,I sure need some help figuring out what is going on with my pool water.
I have spent in the last two weeks about 300.00 from listening to the pool company.I have my hubby to blame for that.He just came form the pool company and bought 4 gals of chlorine.Just did put them in the pool,and will check in the morning.I'm back to the BBB METHOD.told my hubby to stay away from Pools of ........My pool is very cloudy and I cant keep the chlorine in.Here are my numbers They look good to me,but something is going on and not sure what it is.But I do know it cost big bucks everytime You go to the pool company to have water tested.Please help

temperature...84
TDS:1300
TOT CHLORINE : 0
FREE CHLORINE: 0
pH : 7.6
TOT ALANLINITY: 211
ADJ : 202
CYA 30

mbar
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
You need to keep your pool at shock level which with a cya of 30 is 15ppms. You have to check the chlorine as often as you can and add enough bleach to get you back to 15 every time. The more consistant you are, the faster the water will clear. Your alkalinity is a little high too, you want it under 150 - I would use muriatic acid or ph down to get your ph down to 7.0 - 7.2. Turn up your return jets so that the water bubbles on the surface. This will aerate the water and burn off the alk - you have to keep your ph under 7.5 for it to work, so everytime the ph gets higher, you have to add more acid. Keep the bleach flowing, stay away from the pool store, and your water will be fine in no time, as long as you are consistant. Keep the filter running 24/7, and brush and backwash;)

sisie5
08-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Marie,thanks for the advise.Just check the water this morning and the cl is real dark orange.Just backwashed,and vaccuum,and yes I will stay away from the pool company.Just have to convence my hubby to do the same.
thanks again.and will post again in a couple of days