PDA

View Full Version : cyanuric acid

kickurasin
08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
my reading is up to 132 with all other readings being in the suggested range ,the pool girl said highest possible is 150

she also says my big tabs are causing it to go up

I had to drain down at the begining of the year becasue t was to high after winter now i just want to make it through to September

is the a way to keep it from going up ?

Watermom
08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes. Quit using the tabs and just use bleach for your source of chlorine. Post a full set of numbers and somebody here can advise you better. BTW - the pool girl is wrong about 150 being the highest that the cya can go. And, unfortunately, the only way to lower the cya level is to do a partial drain. With yours as high as it is, it would take several partial drains to get it to a more manageable level. You don't want to totally drain a pool at once, however. You may not want to drain now, but you'll certainly need to in the spring upon opening if you opt not to do it now.

kickurasin
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
heres the numbers
copper =o
iron-o
ph= 7.4
cya =132
total hardness=263
total chlorine .9
total free chlorine .7

I did supershock-it as they suggested so the reading now will have a chlorine

JohnT
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
heres the numbers
copper =o
iron-o
ph= 7.4
cya =132
total hardness=263
total chlorine .9
total free chlorine .7

I did supershock-it as they suggested so the reading now will have a chlorine

And when you shocked it, you added more CYA or calcium. You have to stop using dichlor and trichor if you want to keep the CYA down.

kickurasin
08-08-2007, 11:23 AM
I know hunh, i think we establised that ,now that i know the tabs are the problem(for sure) i will yank them out when i get home

then we(I) can learn how to do it with the liquid bleach .