PDA

View Full Version : SWG and filter timers

justawildchild
07-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I am getting an AQUARITE HAYWARD GOLDLINE AQUA RITE SALT POOL SYSTEM. It is being delivered next week. The question I have is can I still use the timers for my pool filter. As I read in another post, the cycle for the SWG is about 100 mins. Should I set each cycle of my timer for 120mins to allow the SWG to work properly or do I need to run it longer or all the time?

justawildchild
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Oh Yeah!!

How much salt will I need to add at first?

Sumo1
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the forum-you're in the right place! My owners manual gave approximate amounts of salt to add for various size pools. First, though, you need to get salt test strips (about $10) so you can determine how much salt is already in the water. One source is the sweaty people who jump in that cool pool. My manual recommended 800# for my pool but it only took 540# to bring it up to proper salinity. Guess we have a lot of sweaty friends!:cool: Good luck!
Hal

Phillbo
07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
My SWCG is tied right into my timer for my pump. It runs about 8 hours a day right now. 9pm to 1am and then again 4am to 8am.

Test your current salt level and post it. There is a calc tool floating around here that someone will post that can calculate the amount to add .. Also, how much salt and CYA does your system mfg recommend?