PDA

View Full Version : skimmer line obstruction

Cannonball
07-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Please help someone,

I have an obstruction in the line below my skimmer. I pressure tested the line between the pump and the skimmer and there is no loss at all. The flow rate, when set to pull only from the skimmer, is dramatically reduced. I can hear the water rushing past the obstruction, whatever it is. I belive the piping below the the skimmer is a flex line, which is good. I've tried to use a plumbing snake from both ends, but I either hit the obtruction or get stuck in the flex line where it turns below the skimmer. I don't know what it could be. It has been there all season. During the winter, I dran the pool below the skimmer and blow the water out of the line. It's possible something fell into the hole while empty of water. I was hoping it was a rat or something biodegradable, but it's still there. I've also tried to blow the line out with a high velocity shop vac. No help. Does anybody have any ideas?

myLABSpool
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Could you possibly try and use a large volume of water and reverse the direction in the pipe to see if you can force the object back into the skimmer?

Also identifying the obstruction location, shape etc might help. Have you considered using a fiber optic scope of some type. I think some plumbers might have something like this.